With the holiday season coming up, apps are a quick and easy gift to give that don't even require you to leave your own home. As of iOS 6 you don't have the option to send gifts via iOS, but the option is still there in iTunes.
So if you've got a loved one that you know has really been eyeing the entire Angry Birds collection for their iPad, you can still give the gift of flying pigs using iTunes. Not sure how? Follow along.
- Open iTunes on your Mac or PC.
- Click on iTunes Store in the upper right hand corner.
- Choose App Store along the top to browse categories or view the main page. You can also just search for apps if you know exactly what you're looking for.
- Once you find the app you'd like to gift to someone, click the arrow that's next to the Buy button that shows the price and choose the Gift This App option.
- The gift window will pop up. You can choose between sending the gift via e-mail or printing it out to give yourself. The only difference is that the print method won't require you to give an email address.
- Fill out all the information and then click Continue.
- You will be asked to enter your iTunes password. Type it in and click Continue.
- iTunes will now show you a summary page of your order containing price and your message. If everything is correct, click on Buy Gift.
- You'll receive a confirmation page. Just click on Done. That's all there is to it!